Thursday, 24 November 2011

What a reaction!

iPad 2 w/ Smart Cover by leondel on Flickr
So I shared the video from my previous post with a grade 6 class at my school. They were blown away! They were excited that kids could really develop apps for the iPad and the iPhone and sell them. When the boy in the video shared the software available to create apps, nearly every student in the room wrote down the information and had me replay the information again so they could be sure to get it right. With just a bit of encouragement and the right tools, these students can do anything. the thought crossed my mind that perhaps we should create a space for students to work on the skills that will take them anywhere. I feel an "App Club" materializing. I am excited to see just what they will do.
Computer Skills Class By Extra Ketchup on Flickr

No comments: