Friday, 4 November 2011

What do students think?

This week I interviewed a handful of students to find out what they think should be happening in the classroom in order for them to feel engaged and excited about learning. The results are very interesting and exciting at the same time. These are answers we as teachers need to take to heart. We need to listen to the children.

By the way, this project was created for two purposes: to be shared at our PD day on Monday that will focus on UDL in the bilingual classroom and for my University class. I used Audacity to record it and found it somewhat tricky to figure out. I did figure it out through trial and error. Once I created my MP3, I had to figure out how to share it. I came across a post called How to Choose a Podcast Host After reading this post, I went with Liberated Syndication or LibSyn. There is a small cost to host on this website but it was particularly easy to use.
I found the whole experience quite labor intensive and I will have to decide if I like to use this format or if I just need to get more familiar with the process. My next experiment will be with video rather than just audio.

Please enjoy the podcast and I know you will learn some new insights "out of the mouths of babes". It takes a few minutes to load, so please be patient.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/inclusion/student_opinion_about_learning.mp3

No comments: