Thursday, 20 October 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

As I read my RSS feed tonight, I came across a post from Thinking UDL that shared some slides from a course offered on Universal Design for Learning.  Of course, you can't just read one post when the post talks about information gleaned from yet another post.  It is like a choose your own ending book.  You get to one point and then you go in another direction and then another and another and so on.  That is the joy of reading blogs.  You can never stop learning.  I must say, though, that sometimes my head is just so full.  Anyway, back to the post.  When I checked out another link, I found Anita's Tips, Tricks and Weblinks where she describes a primary classroom that demonstrates Universal Design for Learning.  This highly inclusive classroom allows children to represent their learning through multiple means and it is impressive how these little ones manage all of the technology.  Please watch the video of Kathy Cassidy's class of youngsters using a variety of technology tools.



If this isn't inspiring, I don't know what would be.

No comments: